Please read the following:
The midwives listed on this page are preceptors working with Birthingway student midwives. To work as a preceptor at Birthingway, a midwife must meet certain standards for training and client care. These standards include:
- Follow the Midwives Model of Care
- Minimum of 18 months experience beyond training as a primary midwife
- Minimum of a total of 100 births attended
- Demonstration of professional development and continuing education
(For a complete list of preceptor requirements, see Appendix E in the Student Handbook and Catalog.)
The midwives presented on this page are independent practitioners. Their listing is not an endorsement by Birthingway. Anyone contacting and engaging the services of the midwives listed below do so voluntarily, and hold harmless Birthingway College of Midwifery for their conduct.
- Aurora Birth Center Salem, Aurora, Canby, Molalla, Newberg, Silverton, Home Birth, Birth Center.
- Growing Family Birth Center Debbie Cowart 701 N 5th Street Suite B-1010 Lebanon, OR 97355 Phone: 541-259-2500 www.growingfamilybirthcenter.com Growing Family Birth Center is a midwife run, free-standing birth center dedicated to providing holistic, personalized maternity through the prenatal, birth and postpartum period including breastfeeding support. The Birth Center is an alternative to both hospital and homebirth which recognizes and respects the woman and her family’s ...
- Bella Vie Gentle Birth Center Salem, Birth Center.
- Vivante Midwifery and Women’s Health Portland and Vancouver, WA metro areas. Home Birth.
- Andaluz Waterbirth Center Portland, Tualatin
- Rosehip Midwifery Portland, Home Birth, Water Birth.
- Glow Midwifery Portland, Home Birth.
- Canyon Medical Center Portland, Birth Center
- Full Moon Midwifery Canby, Aurora, Hubbard, St. Paul, Woodburn, Silverton, Molalla, Oregon City, Wilsonville, Mt. Angel, Home Birth, Water Birth.
- Nest Midwifery Portland, Home Birth, Water Birth.
- Tiny Love Midwifery Portland, Home Birth, Breastfeeding Support
- Alma Midwifery Services Portland, Birth Center, Home Birth.
- Trillium Midwifery and Women’s Health Laura Bartko, CNM, WP 419 Center St. Oregon City, OR 97045 503-860-0082 www.trilliummidwifery.org It is with deep respect and joy that we offer services for women throughout their lives. Laura Bartko, CNM, NP provides well woman exams, gynecology care, homebirth packages, through to menopause support. Laura has particular passions for postpartum care, lactation support, homeopath and herbal medicine, and offers ...
- Portland Natural Birth Portland, Home Birth, Water Birth, Placenta Encapsulation
- Birth, Babies and Beyond Home birth midwifery serving southwest Washington and Portland Metro.
- Rose City Midwifery Elizabeth Clary Melissa Gordon Magnus 1540 SE 35th Place Portland, OR 97214 360-305-9919 www.rosecitymidwifery.com Elizabeth (Liz) and Melissa are home birth midwives serving the Portland metro area. We offer care that is evidence-based, personalized, and often a lot of fun! Our goal is to offer our clients a safe and empowering birth experience. We are deeply honored to serve a diversity of ...