Please read the following:
The midwives listed on this page are preceptors working with Birthingway student midwives. To work as a preceptor at Birthingway, a midwife must meet certain standards for training and client care. These standards include:
- Follow the Midwives Model of Care
- Minimum of 18 months experience beyond training as a primary midwife
- Minimum of a total of 100 births attended
- Demonstration of professional development and continuing education
(For a complete list of preceptor requirements, see Appendix F in the Student Handbook and Catalog.)
The midwives presented on this page are independent practitioners. Their listing is not an endorsement by Birthingway. Anyone contacting and engaging the services of the midwives listed below do so voluntarily, and hold harmless Birthingway College of Midwifery for their conduct.
- Rosehip Midwifery 503-504-0885 6738 SE 62nd Ave. Portland, OR 97206 www.rosehipmidwifery.com Rosehip Midwifery is a homebirth practice with 2 experienced midwives: Heather Hack-Sullivan has been attending births for over 17 years and Emilia joined the practice over 5 years ago. Homebirth, water birth, prenatal and postpartum care and more. Call today for a free consultation.
- Growing Family Birth Center Debbie Cowart 701 N 5th Street Suite B-1010 Lebanon, OR 97355 Phone: 541-259-2500 www.growingfamilybirthcenter.com Growing Family Birth Center is a midwife run, free-standing birth center dedicated to providing holistic, personalized maternity through the prenatal, birth and postpartum period including breastfeeding support. The Birth Center is an alternative to both hospital and homebirth which recognizes and respects the woman and her family’s ...
- Bella Vie Gentle Birth Center Salem, Birth Center.
- Vivante Midwifery and Women’s Health Portland and Vancouver, WA metro areas. Home Birth.
- Rose City Midwifery Elizabeth Clary Melissa Gordon Magnus 2738 NE Broadway St. Portland, OR. 97232 360-305-9919 www.rosecitymidwifery.com Elizabeth (Liz) and Melissa are home birth midwives serving the Portland metro area and SW Washington. We offer care that is evidence-based, personalized, and often a lot of fun! We are deeply honored to serve a diversity of family structures and to facilitate safe and empowering birth ...
- Unfurling Birth and Midwifery Services Catherine Akerson Baily, CPM, LDM Maura Jansen, CPM 7911 SE Stark St. Unit B Portland, OR 97215 (503) 310-9715 www.unfurlingbirth.com Catherine and Maura provide safe and high quality midwifery care including prenatal, birth, and postpartum care, home birth and water birth. We are particularly passionate to help people through VBACs. We are happy to offer home birth services to clients who have ...
- Portland Natural Birth Portland, Home Birth, Water Birth, Placenta Encapsulation
- Every Body Midwifery and Health Jaqxun Darlin LDM, CPM 2921 SE 62nd Ave. Portland, OR 97202 707-272-2066 everybodymidwifery.com We provide comprehensive midwifery care from preconception to prenatal, birth and postpartum. We serve all kinds of families, including single parent families, LGBTQ families, hetero families, religious families, poly families; and our care is body-positive and trauma-informed. We believe bodies are amazing!
- Andaluz Waterbirth Center Portland, Tualatin
- Glow Midwifery Portland, Home Birth.
- Inner Serenity Midwifery Tia Rich 10432 SW 52nd Ave. Portland, OR 97216 Inner Serenity specializes in Holistic family centered midwifery care. Our focus is on the empowerment to make choices that are right for you and your baby. Care is centered around you and your individual needs in pregnancy birth and postpartum. Each birth is unique and deserves unique care. Additional Services: Craniosacral ...
- Full Moon Midwifery Canby, Aurora, Hubbard, St. Paul, Woodburn, Silverton, Molalla, Oregon City, Wilsonville, Mt. Angel, Home Birth, Water Birth.
- Sunshine Family Healthcare Regina Flanagan 643 N. Grant St. Canby, OR 97013 503-451-1024 Sunshine Family Healthcare Website
- Canyon Medical Center Portland, Birth Center
- Tiny Love Midwifery Portland, Home Birth, Breastfeeding Support
- Aurora Birth Center Salem, Aurora, Canby, Molalla, Newberg, Silverton, Home Birth, Birth Center.
- Alma Midwifery Services Portland, Birth Center, Home Birth.
- Birth, Babies and Beyond Home birth midwifery serving southwest Washington and Portland Metro.
- Nest Midwifery Portland, Home Birth, Water Birth.