You’ll find the information and forms you’ll need to renew your Birthingway doula certification below. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions!
You may mail your recertification materials to Birthingway College, 4997 SW Normandy Place, Beaverton, OR, 97005 OR email paperwork to email@example.com. Our mailing address has changed, so please be sure to send materials to the address above.
To recertify as a Labor Doula:
- Attend and document at least two births. Documentation for each birth must include:
- Attend and document a minimum of 10 contact hours of continuing education. This can include doula meetings, advanced doula trainings, breastfeeding classes, childbirth educator trainings or any other lectures or meetings that benefit you as a labor doula.
- Submit a Labor Doula Recertification Request and $50 Certification Fee
To recertify as a Postpartum Doula:
- Document a minimum of 12 hours of postpartum care
- Attend a minimum of 10 contact hours of continuing education. This can include doula meetings, advanced doula trainings, breastfeeding classes, childbirth educator trainings or any other lectures or meetings that benefit you as a postpartum doula.
- Provide proof of your current Adult and Infant CPR
- Submit a Postpartum Doula Recertification Request and $50 Certification Fee
Not sure where to go for CEUs?
Below are some resources that other doulas have found helpful. This list is not exhaustive—if you take other CEUs that meet your continuing educational needs as a doula, we will accept those as well.
- Six, one-hour sessions on Cultural Competence and Humility for Birth Professionals
- Three, one-hour sessions on Trauma Informed Care for Families Living with Substance Use Disorders
Low cost CEUs:
- Six hour Interprofessional Collaboration for Doulas (mainly geared toward labor/birth doulas) – $50
- Additional CEU links and other information and resources for labor/birth doulas who would like to be State THW certified can be found here.
- Praeclarus Press has a series of webinars (usually around $15/CEU) on a variety of Breastfeeding and maternal/infant health topics.