Taught by: Merriah Fairchild, IBCLC, Doula
Dates and Times: Wednesdays, 4:30-8:00 PM, 4/10 (skip 4/17), 4/24, 5/1, 5/8, 5/15, 5/22, 5/29, make up session 6/5
Description: Gain knowledge and skills for assisting families after birth, including hormones in the postpartum period, maternal changes, infant care, mood disorders, physical care, and breastfeeding support. This course constitutes one step towards Birthingway’s Postpartum Doula Certification.
Location: Blue Classroom, Birthingway College of Midwifery, 12113 SE Foster Road, Portland, OR 97266
Registration Deadline: Wednesday, April 3, 2019 at 5:30 PM
Late registrations will be accepted until 5:30 PM the day before the first workshop session.
- Workshop Fee: $475
- Course-pack Fee: $26 (non-refundable)
- Additional late fee, if registering after the registration deadline: $75 (non-refundable)
The following books should be read before the workshop but you are not required to own them:
- Webber S. The Gentle Art of Newborn Family Care. 2012
- Jana L, Shu J. Heading Home with Your Newborn: From Birth to Reality. 3rd ed. 2015
- Huggins K. The Nursing Mother’s Companion. 7th ed. 2017 (You may also use the 7th ed, 2015 )
Some required reading will be emailed to you to complete prior to the first workshop session. Course-packs will be handed out on the first day of the workshop.