5-Hour Recorded LD&D Overview Workshop
99 Spaces Left
A five hour recorded workshop providing an overview and updated information on topics related to legend drugs and devices. This workshop is designed to meet Legend Drugs & Devices continuing education requirements for Licensed Direct-Entry Midwives in the State of Oregon.
After paying for this course, you will receive a link to a recorded version of a Legend Drugs & Devices Overview workshop offered by Birthingway College of Midwifery on October 8, 2021. In order to receive a CEU certificate for this workshop, you must view the entire recording and pass a post-test.
Topics covered in this recorded workshop include:
- Updates on administering medications by injection, including expiration dates, aspiration for IM injection, Z-track technique, selecting appropriate needle and syringe size, USP recommendations on filter needle use, recapping needles, and monitoring post-administration.
- Update on Drug Pregnancy Risk Categories and the system that replaces it.
Drug classifications and definitions
- Medications involved in preventing and managing postpartum hemorrhage, including oxytocin, misoprostol, methergine, IV fluids, within a case study format
- Uncompensated versus compensated shock,
- Other drugs not in Oregon formulary for PPH – carbetocin, TXA, carboprost.
- Recognition, prevention, and treatment of opthalmia neonatorum, and Oregon OARs regarding ON, within a case study format.
- Antibiotic use for GBS prophylaxis, s/s of hypersensitivity reaction, and appropriate response, including use of epinephrin and oxygen, within a case study format
Anesthetics for repair of genital injury, assessment for OASIS, within a case study format.
This training meets the Oregon LDM requirement for 5.0 contact hours in Legend Drugs and Devices continuing education.
Birthingway College of Midwifery is a MEAC Accredited institution. All midwifery continuing education offerings from Birthingway are considered NARM Category I CEUs.