Birthingway is seeking someone to serve as a Teaching Assistant in our Winter Critical Care Skills III course on Tuesday afternoons. It will be for 2.75 hours with 2 hours of class time and perhaps 45 minutes of clean up time. The course runs from 3-5 pm on these Tuesdays: 1/2, 1/9, 1/16, 1/23, 1/30, 2/6, 2/13, 2/20, 2/27, 3/6, 3/13.
This position will rely upon many forms of interactions with students, faculty members, and staff so we are looking for someone with excellent communication skills. The TA must have already taken Critical Care Skills series or have equivalent experience and be willing to become familiar with the course materials quickly.
- Assist with set up and take down of equipment and supplies as well as classroom clean up including but not limited to:
For all Midwifery Courses:
- At least 15 minutes before class begins, disinfect all surfaces, make beds with clean sheets, and set up the classroom and equipment as needed
- During class, properly dispose of all bio-hazard materials and sterilize equipment
- After class, disinfect all surfaces, strip beds of linens, and wash linens per policy
- Become familiar with specific course curriculum, syllabi, and related paperwork including student skills documentation forms
- Properly dispose of classroom waste each day either in outside compost or garbage bins
- Circulate around the classroom and assist students with their skills practice
- Monitor, supervise, and sign off on student performance of skills during class
- Work with instructor to complete course paperwork (attendance sheets, supply requests, homework sheets) by appropriate deadlines
- Coordinate with the instructor and the front office to welcome and orient hired skills models if needed
- Store supplies in correct location within appropriate supply closets
- Read instruction books on all equipment and supplies used in the course
- Plan for time before and after class to debrief with faculty about class concerns and observations
- Ensure compliance with College policies and procedures
- Represent the College in a professional manner at all times
Qualifications & Job Requirements
Must have completed the Birthingway course sequence or have equivalent education or experience in the subject areas covered in the course
HOW TO APPLY: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume attached and include the subject “Applicant for Critical Care Skills III Teaching Assistant.” In your email please note why you think this Birthingway course is a good fit for you.
Applications Due by Friday, December 22th by 5pm.