Our Midwifery Program is the longest running and largest program offered at Birthingway.
Graduates from this program are prepared to practice as direct-entry midwives, and should have gained the knowledge and experience necessary to seek national certification and/or Oregon state licensure.
The program starts in Spring Term each year.
*Birthingway does not offer online courses at this time.*
Graduates of Birthingway’s Midwifery Program will:
- have competency in providing Biodynamic midwifery care.
- be able to use compassionate communication and empathy, and identify feelings and needs.
- have basic knowledge in a variety of therapeutic modalities.
- be prepared to be nationally certified by the North American Registry of Midwives (NARM) and for Oregon state licensing.
- have the opportunity to earn a Bachelor’s Degree.
Birthingway has compiled our Gainful Employment Disclosures for our Certificate in Midwifery below. If you have any questions about these disclosures, please contact our Midwifery Program Coordinator.
Gainful Employment Disclosures – 2019
Program Name: Undergraduate Certificate in Direct Entry Midwifery
This program is designed to be completed in: 3 Years
This program will cost $76, 817 if completed within normal time. There may be additional costs for living expenses. These costs were accurate at the time of posting, but may have changed. This includes an estimated cost for books & supplies.
Of the students who completed this program within normal time, the typical graduate leaves with $* of debt. *Fewer than 10 students completed this program within normal time. This number has been withheld to preserve the confidentiality of the students.
- Program meets licensure requirements in the following States: Oregon
For more information about graduation rates, loan repayment rates, and post-enrollment earnings about this institution and other postsecondary institutions please click here: https://collegescorecard.ed.gov/