Birthingway College will not accept a 2022 cohort into the Midwifery Program and no new applications will be considered. For information about alternative midwifery programs, please see our page on MEAC-Accredited Midwifery Schools.
Please reference this page for historical information only. If you have questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Graduates from this program are prepared to practice as direct-entry midwives, and should have gained the knowledge and experience necessary to seek national certification and/or Oregon state licensure.
The program starts in Fall Term each year.
Graduates of Birthingway’s Midwifery Program will:
- have competency in providing Biodynamic midwifery care.
- be able to use compassionate communication and empathy, and identify feelings and needs.
- have basic knowledge in a variety of therapeutic modalities.
- be prepared to be nationally certified by the North American Registry of Midwives (NARM) and for Oregon state licensing.
- have the opportunity to earn a Bachelor’s Degree.