Our Midwifery Program is the longest running and largest program offered at Birthingway.
Graduates from this program are prepared to practice as direct-entry midwives, and should have gained the knowledge and experience necessary to seek national certification and/or Oregon state licensure.
The program starts in Spring Term each year.
*Birthingway does not offer online courses at this time.*
Graduates of Birthingway’s Midwifery Program will:
- have competency in providing Biodynamic midwifery care.
- be able to use compassionate communication and empathy, and identify feelings and needs.
- have basic knowledge in a variety of therapeutic modalities.
- be prepared to be nationally certified by the North American Registry of Midwives (NARM) and for Oregon state licensing.
- have the opportunity to earn a Bachelor’s Degree.