Certified labor doula
Attending since 1983
I LOVE the amazing and transformative process of birth!
I was hooked after my two children’s births in the ‘80’s. From that point on I have offered myself as labor support for neighbors, friends, family, single moms, wives of truckers, really, anyone who crossed my path, was pregnant and nervous about labor and birth. Over the years I’ve attended all kinds of births; home births, hospital births, birthing center births. Some traumatic, some C-section, some natural. Some with moms who chose epidurals, others with moms who planned an epidural and then ended up not needing one, and some with moms who planned and had a completely natural birth. Every birth was special, every mom was amazing, and every baby was beautiful!
A few years ago, my daughter, who is a certified labor and postpartum doula, asked me why I had never went through the certification process. Good question! And I had no good answer. So, I went back to school (it had been awhile since I had been in school!) and was certified in 2016.
I have learned better ways to support moms and families. I have learned more about the birthing community and I was reminded what an honor it is to be a doula. Doulas are a wonderful help to a family during pregnancy, labor and the postpartum period. We are encouraging, supportive and trained to help you navigate the sometimes rough waters of birth. You can do it! I’d love to be there for you.
- Free consultation to discuss your specific needs, your desired birth, and to get to know each other
- Email, phone and text support throughout your pregnancy and postpartum period.
- No question is too small!
- 2 prenatal visits, preferably one including your partner if that person will be at the birth. These visits will be used to further get to know your wants and needs and to discuss comfort measures, preparation, and any concerns or questions you may have
- If desired, an additional prenatal visit can include accompanying you to a visit with your care provider so that we can be introduced beforehand
- On call, 24/7 availability for your birth from 38 weeks to 42 weeks
- Emotional and physical support for the entirety of your labor and birth
- Immediate postpartum support to help you and your family get settled with the new little one
- One or two postpartum visits to discuss your birth and answer any questions you have