Hi, my name is Liisa. Congrats on this season of your life – you are amazing, brave, and strong! All of us doulas believe you deserve the best care during your birth!
As a doula, I…
- Provide informational, emotional, and physical support during labor/birth
- Listen to your hopes, desires, and fears/reservations surrounding birth
- Help create a space where you are supported during your labor
- Support each unique birth – what works for one may not work for another
- Witness the strengths each woman presents during birth
What services are provided?
- Meet-and-greet interview
- 1-2 prenatal visits
- On-call, text/phone, and informational support
- Labor/birth support
- 1-2 postpartum visits
- Babywearing education/safety
I have lived in Portland for 15 years. My husband and I have been married for almost ten years and we have two children. I have a degree in social work and some graduate work in mental health counseling. Prior to becoming a doula, I worked at a college with students with disabilities. When I am not with my clients, I love being a mom to my two children, and I ride my bike, kayak, knit, or ignore my dishes while I catch up on tv shows.
I look forward to getting to know you!