A convenient way to find out if nearby libraries hold a book or other item is through WorldCat, a global catalog of library holdings. Search a title, author, or subject, click on the item you want, enter your zip code, and WorldCat will show any libraries near you that have the item.
- National University of Natural Medicine (NUNM) has a reciprocal agreement with Birthingway.
- Oregon Health Sciences University (OHSU) is open to the public during standard operating hours. On campus, any Oregon resident may use their electronic resources. OHSU provides all Oregon-licensed health providers remote access to Access Medicine, a subscription-based resource
- Portland Community College (PCC)
- Portland State University (PSU)
- Clark College
- Oregon College of Oriental Medicine (OCOM)
With a library card barcode and PIN from your community library you can reserve books and access journal databases.
Most Portland-area community libraries belong to the Metropolitan Interlibrary Exchange, which means they partner together so that if you’re eligible for one, you can get a free library card from any of them. Check out each library’s borrowing policies to learn more.
- Multnomah County Library
- Camas Public Library
- Ft. Vancouver Regional Library District
- Hood River County Library District
- Library Information Network of Clackamus County (LINCC)
- Washington County Cooperative Library Services