Every Mama Doula Services
Serving Portland and the surrounding area (Tigard, Beaverton, Tualatin, Lake Oswego)
When my son was born in 2012, I experienced first-hand how overwhelming life with a newborn can be. I was completely unprepared for the physical, emotional, and practical challenges of those early days and weeks and I was unable to fully experience the joy and wonder of that precious time.
During my second pregnancy I followed the advice of our midwife and sought out a Postpartum Doula. The difference was profound. I discovered that having a knowledgeable and empathetic woman by my side allowed me to truly enjoy my daughter and to feel confident in my ability to care for and nourish her.
As a Certified Postpartum Doula I will provide you with the individualized support you need following the birth of your baby, recognizing that each family is unique. This support can include:
- Education and assistance with newborn care
- Breastfeeding support
- Preparation of meals and snacks
- Light housekeeping (laundry, dishes, etc.)
- Sibling care and integration
- Compassionate, non-judgmental emotional support as Mom (and Dad!) process the birth and adjust to life with a newborn
- Caring for baby while Mom takes a much needed nap or shower
I am deeply grateful for the opportunity to work with families during the tender postpartum period, and I would be happy to meet if you are interested in learning more about me or the many ways in which I can support you!