Pathway 2 Associate Degree Program
Birthingway’s Lactation Consultation Program closed in 2019. Please reference this section of the website for historical purposes only.
The Associate Degree Program was designed to be completed in two academic calendar years. Though it is designed to be completed in two years, some students take longer to complete the program.
Students seeking an Associate of Science in Lactation Consultation must meet all the graduation requirements for the Certificate in Lactation Consultation, as well as additional coursework and general education requirements.
Summary of the Associate of Science in Lactation Consultation:
45 quarter credit hours in Lactation-Specific, Health Science, and Elective Courses
10-17 quarter credit hours in Clinical Training Credits
12 quarter credit hours in Birthingway-Specific General Education Credits
24 quarter credit hours in General Education Credits (transferred in)
91-97 total quarter credit hours
To graduate with a Birthingway Associate of Science in Lactation Consultation, you must complete the following graduation requirements:
- All required coursework.
- All clinical requirements.
- All general education requirements.
- Independent learning requirements, including cohort attendance.
- Documentation of lactation consultation skills, practice, and assessment on college-approved forms.
- All financial obligations to Birthingway paid in full.