Contact me: Janna Marshall
*Spanish speaker *Artistic abilities to commemorate your pregnancy
Congratulations on this new life growing inside you! I am a Birthingway Certified Labor Doula. I am passionate about birth, an appreciation that undoubtedly began as a child growing up on a farm. I have been witness to dozens of births in my world travels as a volunteer. I believe every woman’s birthing style is unique and I wish to help couples navigate this transition as a team into parenthood. After the birth of my 3 children (who are now teens), I decided to take my love of labor and delivery and hone those skills as a trained professional and assist women on their unique journey before, during and shortly after childbirth to help her achieve the healthiest, most satisfying birth experience possible.
As a Labor Doula, I will offer invaluable support to you and your family. Spending time with expecting clients prior to their birth will allow us get to know one another. I am committed to providing a calming presence guided by encouragement, creating a relaxing atmosphere, offering non-judgemental informed consent to your decision making, and overall biodynamic care. Allowing room for flexibility along the way, counter pressure relief, relaxing massage, focused breathing techniques and so much more. Whether you choose a hospital, birthing center or home birth, my purpose is to assist women in achieving a positive and life affirming birth experience according to your personal needs and desires.
*About me: I am a lover of the outdoors! A native of the Northwest I enjoy all the backyard amenities gardening, backpacking, rock climbing, mountain climbing, biking, river rafting you name it! I enjoy baking and even do occasional wedding cakes. I am also an artist and if given the chance would love to share my talent with you. For expecting moms, I am able to do henna belly art with photos or belly casts as a fun way to get to know you, as well as commemorate your pregnancy with these lasting impressions!
Hola, me llamo Janna. Quisiera expresar mis felicitaciones por su embarazo. Soy una madre de 3 hijos y estoy capacitado para ayudar en el parto. Yo vivía en Nayarit México desde hace un año y enseñó una clase de Inglés en un orfanato. Allí, los niños me enseñan Español un idioma y cultura que amo. Estoy deseando dar la bienvenida a su bebé en el mundo junto a usted!
With my service you will receive:
- 1 Complimentary meet-and-greet interview to get acquainted in your home, or preferred location.
- 1-2 Prenatal appointments with optional belly art to discuss plans and preparations for birth and identify your desires, fears, hopes and develop unique coping strategies to incorporate in labor.
- Unlimited text/email/phone correspondence for questions or concerns
- On call service 2 weeks before your due date, through the baby’s birth
- Continuous emotional and physical support during labor and 2 hours postpartum
- 1 Postpartum visit to process/discuss your birth story together, newborn care, and resources.