Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
To begin the Financial Aid process at Birthingway, you will first need to complete a Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA). This is a free, federal application that will need to be completed every year you wish to receive financial aid. You will need to enter Birthingway’s Federal School Code 036683 to ensure your FAFSA is flagged for Birthingway.
Each FAFSA covers the federal award year, which runs July 1 through June 30. Please contact our Financial Aid Officer if you are unsure which FAFSA year to complete.
Birthingway’s FAFSA deadlines:
- May 1st (continuing students)
- December 31st (program applicants)
FAFSAs will be accepted after the deadline, but there may be a delay in awarding and/or funding.
Check out this Five Minute FAFSA video for an overview on how to complete the FAFSA and the type of information you will need to report.
Eligibility for Aid
To be eligible for federal financial aid, you must:
- Be enrolled in Birthingway’s Certificate in Midwifery or Bachelor of Science in Midwifery program.
- Demonstrate financial need (except for certain loans) by completing a FAFSA
- Have a high school diploma, a General Education Development (GED) certificate, or equivalent. Learn more about this requirement and recognized equivalent of a high school diploma.
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen, and have a valid Social Security Number.
- Register with the Selective Service, if required.
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP). Please see Birthingway’s current Student Handbook and Catalog for our SAP policy.
- Certify that you are not in default on a federal student loan and do not owe money on a federal student grant.
- Certify that you will use federal student aid only for educational purposes.
- Life Learning Portfolio credits, audited courses, and non-credit courses or workshops are ineligible for student aid.
To learn more about our financial aid process, check out Birthingway’s Financial Aid Roadmap.
Financial Aid during Summer Term
Summer financial aid is not packaged automatically. In order to be considered for aid during summer term, you must:
- Complete the FAFSA by May 1.
- Submit the completed Birthingway Summer Supplemental Financial Aid Application on our Documents and Forms page by May 1.