Taught by: Merriah Fairchild, IBCLC, Doula
Dates and Times: Mondays, 4:30-8:00 PM, 9/16, 9/23, (skip 9/30), 10/7, 10/14, 10/21, 10/28, 11/4, make up class 11/11
Description: Gain knowledge and skills for assisting families after birth, including hormones in the postpartum period, maternal changes, infant care, mood disorders, physical care, and breastfeeding support. This course constitutes one step towards Birthingway’s Postpartum Doula Certification.
Location: Blue Classroom, Birthingway College of Midwifery, 12113 SE Foster Road, Portland, OR 97266
Registration Deadline: Wednesday, September 11, 2019 at 5:30 PM*
*Late registrations will be accepted until 5:30 PM on Thursday, September 12, 2019
- Workshop Fee: $495
- Course-pack Fee: $26 (non-refundable)
- Additional late fee, if registering after the registration deadline: $75 (non-refundable)
The following books should be read before the workshop but you are not required to own them:
- Webber S. The Gentle Art of Newborn Family Care. 2012
- Jana L, Shu J. Heading Home with Your Newborn: From Birth to Reality. 3rd ed. 2015
- Huggins K. The Nursing Mother’s Companion. 7th ed. 2017 (You may also use the 7th ed, 2015 )
Some required reading will be emailed to you to complete prior to the first workshop session. Course-packs will be handed out on the first day of the workshop.
Written notice is required for a refund, and must be received no later than seven days before the first day of the workshop for the student to receive a 95% refund of the workshop fee. If written notice is received after that point, 80% of the workshop fee will be refunded up to the first day of the workshop. No refund will be made on or after the first class day. Coursepack fees and late registration fees are non-refundable.