Hello! My name is Brandy and I am a labor and delivery doula that certified through Birthingway College of Midwifery in 2016. My passion for working with expectant moms stems from a long-standing desire to help others. I want to help ensure every mama and her family experiences a unique and positive birth that aligns as closely to their desires and wishes as possible.
A little more about me, I’ve been married to my husband for almost twenty years. I’m mom to a high schooler and a first grader as well as many pets; two cats, two rabbits, three mice, one frog and one fish. My passions include: reading, writing and knitting when I’m not binge watching the latest great TV show.
If you think you might like working with me, here is a general idea of what to expect:
- I will provide a minimum of two prenatal visits in addition to our first meeting. Our time together will ensure that we get to know each other and you will feel comfortable with me once you go into labor.
- Throughout your pregnancy, I will be available to you via text, email and phone for any questions that may arise.
- I will be on call beginning two weeks before your estimated due date until labor begins.
- Once your baby is born, I will stay with you for at least two hours to ensure that you get settled in.
- Within a week, I will come by to have a postpartum visit and we will check to make certain you are getting comfortable with breast feeding (if that’s the route you are taking), touch base regarding any postpartum depression symptoms you may be having and be available to answer questions and reflect on your birth experience.
- I can also be available for a second postpartum visit if it would be helpful to you.
- I will be reachable via text, email and phone for any support you may need for up to six weeks after your delivery.
I look forward to hearing from firstname.lastname@example.org