I certified as a Labor and Delivery Doula at Birthingway College of Midwifery in 2016 and I am excited to serve you as a doula. I became fascinated with the birth process during my first pregnancy. I was amazed by the little life within that moved and kicked and made her presence known. I think pregnancy is an amazing and beautiful miracle, and a time that should be prized and savored. It would be an honor to assist you during this precious time.
As a doula, I will offer you and your partner; informational, physical and emotional support. My goal is to assist you in maintaining your birth plan as much as possible and to help you be an advocate for yourself and your birth plans. I also look forward to helping you gain information that in turn, can help you to make informed decisions during this time in your life. I am passionate about moms and partners being able to make their own choices for their birth process.
During labor I will also assist you with relaxation, positioning and breathing techniques and offer message. I will stay by your side, encourage you and hold space for you. I will be available to walk, rest, talk and maintain silence with you and your partner.
After an initial interview, My Services include:
- 2 prenatal visits, in which we will get to better know each other. These visits usually run 2 hours.
- We will cover several pregnancy, labor and delivery topics and address any concerns and desires you have. I can also assist you with creating a birth plan as well.
- I will be available to you by phone, text or email for any questions you might have throughout the rest of your pregnancy and for at least 6 weeks postpartum.
- I will be on call for you 24 hours a day starting 2 weeks prior to your due date.
- I will be by your side during your labor and delivery.
- I will stay for at least 1 hour after baby is born to assist you and to offer help and any advice for any breastfeeding questions.
- I offer 1 postpartum visit where we can talk about your birth story and experience and answer any questions you may have and help to fill in any birth experience gaps. I can help to address breastfeeding issues plus you may call, text or email me for any support for 6 weeks after your delivery.
I look forward to serving you and your family.