To work as a preceptor at Birthingway, a midwife must meet certain standards for training and client care.
Preceptors must have attended a total of at least 100 births. Of these, at least a minimum of 25 births must be out-of-hospital births and 50 births must be as an unsupervised primary midwife.
A CPM, CNM, CM, or State-Licensed Midwife must have completed a minimum of 18 months experience as an unsupervised primary midwife after the end of their training. This can be reduced by up to six months for Birthingway graduates who held Advanced Student Midwife status per policy before graduating.
All other Midwives must have completed a minimum of 36 months experience as an unsupervised primary midwife after the end of training.
Preceptors must be currently certified in Adult and Infant Resuscitation, and in Neonatal Resuscitation.
- Alma Midwifery Services Portland, Birth Center, Home Birth.
- Andaluz Waterbirth Center Portland, Tualatin
- Aurora Birth Center Salem, Aurora, Canby, Molalla, Newberg, Silverton, Home Birth, Birth Center.
- Birth, Babies and Beyond Home birth midwifery serving southwest Washington and Portland Metro.
- Canyon Medical Center Portland, Birth Center
- East Side Birth Center Kathleen (Kat) Potthoff, LM 14700 NE 8th St. Bellevue, WA 98034 www.midwifekat.com
- Eastside Birth Center PS Christine Thain, LM, CPM 14700 NE 8th Street Suite 115 Bellevue, WA 425-746-5566 eastsidebirthcenter.com
- Full Moon Midwifery Canby, Aurora, Hubbard, St. Paul, Woodburn, Silverton, Molalla, Oregon City, Wilsonville, Mt. Angel, Home Birth, Water Birth.
- Gentle Mama Holistic Midwifery Celeste Groenenberg CPM, LDEM, BSM 8000 Werkner Road Chelsea, MI 48118 734-747-0805 gentlemamaholisticmidwifery.com
- Glow Midwifery Portland, Home Birth.
- Growing Family Birth Center Debbie Cowart 701 N 5th Street Suite B-1010 Lebanon, OR 97355 Phone: 541-259-2500 www.growingfamilybirthcenter.com Growing Family Birth Center is a midwife run, free-standing birth center dedicated to providing holistic, personalized maternity through the prenatal, birth and postpartum period including breastfeeding support. The Birth Center is an alternative to both hospital and homebirth which recognizes and respects the woman and her family’s ...
- Heather Hack-Sullivan Heather Hack-Sullivan, BSM, CPM, LDM has come full circle in the Birthingway community. She began teaching Infancy classes several years ago only to then become a student, a graduate, a midwife, and now the Birthingway Midwifery Program Coordinator and Specialized Program Coordinator. She also teaches Postpartum Skills, Prenatal Skills and Infancy, and is a clinical ...
- Home Birth & Family Care Sara Ohgushi ND (OR), LM (WA) 2207 NE Broadway Ste. 200 Portland, OR 97232 503-236-6006 www.sarasfamilycare.com I provide personalized midwifery care to all kinds of families planning home births including water births in the greater Portland metro area and southwest Washington. I also provide Naturopathic Family care including ongoing pediatric care. Unusual skill: I speak fluent Japanese.
- Magnolia Family Clinic Mary Grabowska 503-236-6006 2207 NE Broadway Suite 200 Portland, OR 97232 website: www.magnoliafamilyclinic.com I practice naturopathic family medicine with a specialty in midwifery. I see women for annual well woman visits, preconception care, infertility, prenatal care and birth care as well as doing pediatric care, thyroid management and other chronic healthcare. I have a special love for helping babies turn from ...
- Milk and Honey Birth Services Milk and Honey Birth Services Megan Coppock 504 NE Going St. Portland, OR 97211 503-954-5026 The midwives of Milk and Honey are dedicated to providing full scope, individualized midwifery care. We are honored to work with families through the childbearing year and offer guidance and support as they bring forth new life. We, similarly, find it an honor and gift to ...
- Nest Midwifery Portland, Home Birth, Water Birth.
- Portland Natural Birth Portland, Home Birth, Water Birth, Placenta Encapsulation
- Rose City Midwifery Elizabeth Clary Melissa Gordon Magnus 2738 NE Broadway St. Portland, OR. 97232 360-305-9919 www.rosecitymidwifery.com Elizabeth (Liz) and Melissa are home birth midwives serving the Portland metro area and SW Washington. We offer care that is evidence-based, personalized, and often a lot of fun! We are deeply honored to serve a diversity of family structures and to facilitate safe and empowering birth ...
- Rosehip Midwifery 503-504-0885 6738 SE 62nd Ave. Portland, OR 97206 www.rosehipmidwifery.com Rosehip Midwifery is a homebirth practice with 2 experienced midwives: Heather Hack-Sullivan has been attending births for over 17 years and Emilia joined the practice over 5 years ago. Homebirth, water birth, prenatal and postpartum care and more. Call today for a free consultation.
- Sunshine Family Healthcare Regina Flanagan 643 N. Grant St. Canby, OR 97013 503-451-1024 Sunshine Family Healthcare Website
- Unfurling Birth and Midwifery Services Catherine Akerson Baily, CPM, LDM Maura Jansen, CPM 7911 SE Stark St. Unit B Portland, OR 97215 (503) 310-9715 www.unfurlingbirth.com Catherine and Maura provide safe and high quality midwifery care including prenatal, birth, and postpartum care, home birth and water birth. We are particularly passionate to help people through VBACs. We are happy to offer home birth services to clients who have ...
- Vivante Midwifery and Women’s Health Portland and Vancouver, WA metro areas. Home Birth.