To work as a preceptor at Birthingway, a midwife must meet certain standards for training and client care.
Preceptors must have attended a total of at least 100 births. Of these, at least a minimum of 25 births must be out-of-hospital births and 50 births must be as an unsupervised primary midwife.
A CPM, CNM, CM, or State-Licensed Midwife must have completed a minimum of 18 months experience as an unsupervised primary midwife after the end of their training. This can be reduced by up to six months for Birthingway graduates who held Advanced Student Midwife status per policy before graduating.
All other Midwives must have completed a minimum of 36 months experience as an unsupervised primary midwife after the end of training.
Preceptors must be currently certified in Adult and Infant Resuscitation, and in Neonatal Resuscitation.
- Alma Midwifery ServicesPortland, Birth Center, Home Birth.
- Andaluz Waterbirth CenterPortland, Tualatin
- Aurora Birth CenterSalem, Aurora, Canby, Molalla, Newberg, Silverton, Home Birth, Birth Center.
- Canyon Medical CenterPortland, Birth Center
- Eastside Birth Center PSChristine Thain, LM, CPM 14700 NE 8th Street Suite 115 Bellevue, WA 425-746-5566 eastsidebirthcenter.com
- Full Moon MidwiferyCanby, Aurora, Hubbard, St. Paul, Woodburn, Silverton, Molalla, Oregon City, Wilsonville, Mt. Angel, Home Birth, Water Birth.
- Gentle Mama Holistic MidwiferyCeleste Groenenberg CPM, LDEM, BSM 8000 Werkner Road Chelsea, MI 48118 734-747-0805 gentlemamaholisticmidwifery.com
- Glow MidwiferyPortland, Home Birth.
- Growing Family Birth CenterDebbie Cowart 701 N 5th Street Suite B-1010 Lebanon, OR 97355 Phone: 541-259-2500 www.growingfamilybirthcenter.com Growing Family Birth Center is a midwife run, free-standing birth center dedicated to providing holistic, personalized maternity through the prenatal, birth and postpartum period including breastfeeding support. The Birth Center is an alternative to both hospital and homebirth which recognizes and respects the woman and her family’s ...
- Heather Hack-SullivanHeather Hack-Sullivan, BSM, CPM, LDM has come full circle in the Birthingway community. She began teaching Infancy classes several years ago only to then become a student, a graduate, a midwife, and now the Birthingway Midwifery Program Coordinator and Specialized Program Coordinator. She also teaches Postpartum Skills, Prenatal Skills and Infancy, and is a clinical ...
- Milk and Honey Birth ServicesMilk and Honey Birth Services Megan Coppock 504 NE Going St. Portland, OR 97211 503-954-5026 The midwives of Milk and Honey are dedicated to providing full scope, individualized midwifery care. We are honored to work with families through the childbearing year and offer guidance and support as they bring forth new life. We, similarly, find it an honor and gift to ...
- Nest MidwiferyPortland, Home Birth, Water Birth.
- Portland Natural BirthPortland, Home Birth, Water Birth, Placenta Encapsulation
- Rosehip Midwifery503-504-0885 6738 SE 62nd Ave. Portland, OR 97206 www.rosehipmidwifery.com Rosehip Midwifery is a homebirth practice with 2 experienced midwives: Heather Hack-Sullivan has been attending births for over 17 years and Emilia joined the practice over 5 years ago. Homebirth, water birth, prenatal and postpartum care and more. Call today for a free consultation.
- Sunshine Family HealthcareRegina Flanagan 643 N. Grant St. Canby, OR 97013 503-451-1024 Sunshine Family Healthcare Website
- Unfurling Birth and Midwifery ServicesCatherine Akerson Baily, CPM, LDM Maura Jansen, CPM 7911 SE Stark St. Unit B Portland, OR 97215 (503) 310-9715 www.unfurlingbirth.com Catherine and Maura provide safe and high quality midwifery care including prenatal, birth, and postpartum care, home birth and water birth. We are particularly passionate to help people through VBACs. We are happy to offer home birth services to clients who have ...
- Vivante Midwifery and Women’s HealthPortland and Vancouver, WA metro areas. Home Birth.