To work as a preceptor at Birthingway, a midwife must meet certain standards for training and client care.
Preceptors must have attended a total of at least 100 births. Of these, at least a minimum of 25 births must be out-of-hospital births and 50 births must be as an unsupervised primary midwife.
A CPM, CNM, CM, or State-Licensed Midwife must have completed a minimum of 18 months experience as an unsupervised primary midwife after the end of their training. This can be reduced by up to six months for Birthingway graduates who held Advanced Student Midwife status per policy before graduating.
All other Midwives must have completed a minimum of 36 months experience as an unsupervised primary midwife after the end of training.
Preceptors must be currently certified in Adult and Infant Resuscitation, and in Neonatal Resuscitation.
- Alma Midwifery Services Portland, Birth Center, Home Birth.
- Andaluz Waterbirth Center Portland, Tualatin
- Aurora Birth Center Salem, Aurora, Canby, Molalla, Newberg, Silverton, Home Birth, Birth Center.
- Birth, Babies and Beyond Home birth midwifery serving southwest Washington and Portland Metro.
- Canyon Medical Center Portland, Birth Center
- Eastside Birth Center PS Christine Thain, LM, CPM 14700 NE 8th Street Suite 115 Bellevue, WA 425-746-5566 eastsidebirthcenter.com
- Full Moon Midwifery Canby, Aurora, Hubbard, St. Paul, Woodburn, Silverton, Molalla, Oregon City, Wilsonville, Mt. Angel, Home Birth, Water Birth.
- Glow Midwifery Portland, Home Birth.
- Growing Family Birth Center Debbie Cowart 701 N 5th Street Suite B-1010 Lebanon, OR 97355 Phone: 541-259-2500 www.growingfamilybirthcenter.com Growing Family Birth Center is a midwife run, free-standing birth center dedicated to providing holistic, personalized maternity through the prenatal, birth and postpartum period including breastfeeding support. The Birth Center is an alternative to both hospital and homebirth which recognizes and respects the woman and her family’s ...
- Nest Midwifery Portland, Home Birth, Water Birth.
- Portland Natural Birth Portland, Home Birth, Water Birth, Placenta Encapsulation
- Rose City Midwifery Elizabeth Clary Melissa Gordon Magnus 1540 SE 35th Place Portland, OR 97214 360-305-9919 www.rosecitymidwifery.com Elizabeth (Liz) and Melissa are home birth midwives serving the Portland metro area. We offer care that is evidence-based, personalized, and often a lot of fun! Our goal is to offer our clients a safe and empowering birth experience. We are deeply honored to serve a diversity of ...
- Rosehip Midwifery Portland, Home Birth, Water Birth.
- Thrive Birth Center Birth Center, Santa Rosa, CA.
- Trillium Midwifery and Women’s Health Laura Bartko, CNM, WP 419 Center St. Oregon City, OR 97045 503-860-0082 www.trilliummidwifery.org It is with deep respect and joy that we offer services for women throughout their lives. Laura Bartko, CNM, NP provides well woman exams, gynecology care, homebirth packages, through to menopause support. Laura has particular passions for postpartum care, lactation support, homeopath and herbal medicine, and offers ...
- Vivante Midwifery and Women’s Health Portland and Vancouver, WA metro areas. Home Birth.