To work as a preceptor at Birthingway, a midwife must meet certain standards for training and client care.
Preceptors must have attended a total of at least 100 births. Of these, at least a minimum of 25 births must be out-of-hospital births and 50 births must be as an unsupervised primary midwife.
A CPM, CNM, CM, or State-Licensed Midwife must have completed a minimum of 18 months experience as an unsupervised primary midwife after the end of their training. This can be reduced by up to six months for Birthingway graduates who held Advanced Student Midwife status per policy before graduating.
All other Midwives must have completed a minimum of 36 months experience as an unsupervised primary midwife after the end of training.
Preceptors must be currently certified in Adult and Infant Resuscitation, and in Neonatal Resuscitation.
- Alma Midwifery Services Portland, Birth Center, Home Birth.
- Andaluz Waterbirth Center Portland, Tualatin
- Aurora Birth Center Salem, Aurora, Canby, Molalla, Newberg, Silverton, Home Birth, Birth Center.
- Birth, Babies and Beyond Home birth midwifery serving southwest Washington and Portland Metro.
- Borealis Portland, Home Birth, Birth Center.
- Canyon Medical Center Portland, Birth Center
- Full Moon Midwifery Canby, Aurora, Hubbard, St. Paul, Woodburn, Silverton, Molalla, Oregon City, Wilsonville, Mt. Angel, Home Birth, Water Birth.
- Glow Midwifery Portland, Home Birth.
- Nest Midwifery Portland, Home Birth, Water Birth.
- Portland Natural Birth Portland, Home Birth, Water Birth, Placenta Encapsulation
- Rose City Midwifery Elizabeth Clary Melissa Gordon Magnus 1540 SE 35th Place Portland, OR 97214 360-305-9919 www.rosecitymidwifery.com Elizabeth (Liz) and Melissa are home birth midwives serving the Portland metro area. We offer care that is evidence-based, personalized, and often a lot of fun! Our goal is to offer our clients a safe and empowering birth experience. We are deeply honored to serve a diversity of ...
- Rosehip Midwifery Portland, Home Birth, Water Birth.
- Sharon Potteiger Santa Cruz, California. Homebirth.
- Thrive Birth Center Birth Center, Santa Rosa, CA.
- Vivante Midwifery and Women’s Health Portland and Vancouver, WA metro areas. Home Birth.