Taught by: Brooke Noli, MA, Doula
Dates and Times: Saturdays, 1:00-4:30 PM, 1/5, 1/12, 1/19, 1/26, 2/2, 2/9, 2/16, 2/23, (make up 3/2)
Description: Lecture, readings, discussion and practical skills for providing emotional and physical support for people in labor and the immediate postpartum. This course constitutes one step towards Birthingway’s Labor Doula Certification.
Location: Blue Classroom, Birthingway College of Midwifery, 12113 SE Foster Road, Portland, OR 97266
Registration Deadline: Thursday, December 27, 2018 at 3:00 PM
Late registrations will be accepted until 5:30 PM the day before the first workshop session.
- Workshop Fee: $500
- Coursepack Fee: $28 (non-refundable)
- Additional Late Registration Fee: $75 (if registering after the Registration Deadline)
- Gaskin IM. Ina May’s Guide to Breastfeeding. 2009.
- Simkin P. Pregnancy, Childbirth, and the Newborn: The Complete Guide. 5th ed. 2018.
- Morton C, Clift E. Birth Ambassadors: Doulas and the Re-Emergence of Woman-Supported Birth in America. 2014.
- Simkin P. The Birth Partner. 5th ed. 2018.
Some required reading will be emailed to you to complete prior to the first workshop session. Coursepacks will be handed out on the first day of the workshop.
Refund Policy: Written notice is required for a refund, and must be received no later than seven days before the first day of the workshop to receive a 95% refund of the workshop fee. If written notice is received after that point, 80% of the workshop fee will be refunded up to the first day of the workshop. No refund will be made on or after the day of the first workshop session. Coursepack and Late Registration fees are non-refundable.