Birthingway is seeking someone to work very part time as a Teaching Assistant in our Spring Physical Assessment I course. The position is approximately 2 hours per week for 7 weeks with 2 hours of class time and 45 minutes of prep/clean up time each week. The course runs from 3-5 pm on Wednesdays, May 4 to June 15th.
This position will rely upon many forms of interactions with students, faculty members, and staff so we are looking for someone with excellent communication skills. The TA must have already taken Physical Assessment I or have equivalent experience and be willing to become familiar with the course materials quickly
- Assist with set up and take down of equipment and supplies as well as classroom clean up including but not limited to:
- For all Midwifery Courses:
- At least 15 minutes before class begins, disinfect all surfaces, make beds with clean sheets, and set up the classroom and equipment as needed
- During class, properly dispose of all bio-hazard materials and sterilize equipment
- After class, disinfect all surfaces, strip beds of linens, and wash linens per policy
- For all Midwifery Courses:
- Become familiar with specific course curriculum, syllabi, and related paperwork including student skills documentation forms
- Properly dispose of classroom waste each day either in outside compost or garbage bins
- Circulate around the classroom and assist students with their skills practice
- Monitor, supervise, and sign off on student performance of skills during class
- Work with instructor to complete course paperwork (attendance sheets, supply requests, homework sheets) by appropriate deadlines
- Coordinate with the instructor and the front office to welcome and orient hired skills models if needed
- Store supplies in correct location within appropriate supply closets
- Read instruction books on all equipment and supplies used in the course
- Plan for time before and after class to debrief with faculty about class concerns and observations
- Ensure compliance with College policies and procedures
- Represent the College in a professional manner at all times
- Participate in job-related training as assigned
Qualifications & Job Requirements
- Must have completed the Birthingway course sequence or have equivalent education or experience in the subject areas covered in the course
- To assist on the exam day documentation of current CPM/NARM status is required.
HOW TO APPLY: Please request a complete job description and/or email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Your email must have the subject “Applicant for Physical Assessment I Teaching Assistant.” In your short cover letter, please address what drew you to this posting and why you think this Birthingway course is a good fit for you.
Applications must be submitted no later than midnight on Monday, May 2nd.