How to access Coursepages
Starting with the Spring 2015 Term, you need to have either a Gmail email address or a Google Account to access Coursepages.
If you have a Gmail account, gave us your Gmail email address as your contact email and are logged into Gmail, you can skip the rest of these instructions. Just scroll down to the appropriate term below and click on the name of the course you are taking. The Coursepage will open in a new window or tab.
If you do not have a Gmail account, you may need to create a Google Account with the email address you gave us when you registered.
I have discovered that many people who don’t have an @gmail.com email address already have Google Accounts but don’t realize it. I recommend that you click on the course below and see what you get.
- If the Coursepage opens, then your email address is already a Google Account. You’re done!
- If you get a message about “requesting access,” then you are logged into a Google Account. The account name will appear in the upper right corner. If that is an account you are willing to use for this purpose (and not just someone else who checks their Gmail on the same computer), contact the Technical Support Coordinator from the email address you gave us at registration and request to change it to that address. That will save you the trouble of creating an account below and when using links sent to you about your course.
- If you get a page asking for your email address with a “Next” button, or don’t want to use the account from the step above, then you most likely need to follow these instructions:
- Click on this link: https://accounts.google.com/SignUp (This link will open in a new tab or window so this instruction page will stay open)
- Under “Choose your username,” click “I prefer to use my current email address” or you will create a new Gmail email account.
- If it says “A user with the email address you specified already exists” when you type in your email address, then you already have a Google Account and you can use that email and password to access the Coursepage. If you have tried the link to the Coursepage below and it’s not working, contact the Technical Support Coordinator for assistance.
- If you don’t get an error, follow the rest of the instructions and log into your new Google Account. Once you have done that, come back to this page and when you click on the link for your Coursepage, it will open.
If you have any problems with this process, feel free to contact the Technical Support Coordinator with as much information about your problem as possible, especially if it’s one of the steps above.
- Log into your Birthingway Google Apps Account (the link opens in a new window).
- Click on the grid of squares near your user name at the upper right (the Google App Launcher)
- Choose “Sites”
- Click “Browse sites” on the left
- Click “Coursepages” and all of your Coursepages will be there
Coursepage Log In Change
If you are trying to log into a Coursepage for a term up to and including Winter 2015, you should have been given specific login instructions in an email prior to the term. Courses starting Spring Term 2015 use the instructions above.
If you are having trouble accessing your course, please go to the Contact Us page and select “Technical Issue” on the contact form. Please include the name of the course you are having a problem with.
If you are having trouble opening, reading or editing a document, please see our Document Help page.